2024-2025 Themed First Year Seminar & Learning Community Options
Applications are accepted each spring for the next fall semester. The 2024-2025 First Year Seminar & Learning Community application for Residential Learning Communities will open in EARLY JANUARY 2024. Follow the steps below to join!
The First Year Seminar and Learning Community Application will open in EARLY JANUARY for Residential Learning Communities.
- Students interested in a Residential Learning Community need to submit the University Enrollment Deposit (via the Auburn Admitted Portal) and complete the Housing Application prior to applying for an RLC. (visit RLCs for more info).
- Please indicate your interest in participating in an RLC on your Housing Application (This section will appear after you have submitted your housing application fee), and we will reach out to you directly via your Auburn email address when our application opens.
- Complete First Year Seminar (FYS) and Learning Community (LC) Application
- Application will be available in AU Access > My Academics> Student Menu > First Year Seminar and Learning Community Application
The application for Themed First Year Seminars (TFYS) and Learning Communities (LC) is coming Spring 2024
- Application will be available in AU Access > Student Menu > First Year Seminar and Learning Community Application.
- Students are selected for TFYSs and LCs based on a lottery system that will be conducted late spring.
- For students who miss the application period for TFYSs and LCs, remaining TFYSs and LCs will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis during Camp War Eagle. (Note: Cohorts may fill prior to your CWE session and it is encouraged to complete the application prior to attending CWE)
The First Year Seminars and Learning Community Application is now closed for pre-registration.
You can register for a UNIV1050: Success Strategies course or Themed First Year Seminar (UNIV1100 or UNIV1150) on a first-come first-served basis when your time ticket opens for registration.
You can contact us with questions us at email@example.com or (334) 844-5721.
Last modified: December 4, 2023