SOS Dates & Registration
To be eligible to participate in SOS, you must have:
- Been accepted to Auburn University as either an
- Entering transfer student starting in the summer or fall semester
- Entering transfer student or freshman starting in the spring semester
- Paid the $250 enrollment deposit to Enrollment Operations. *Please note that it takes 24-48 hours for your deposit to process.
If you are an incoming freshman starting in the summer or fall, you will attend Camp War Eagle. Visit auburn.edu/cwe for more information.
SOS Session Dates
Students Starting in Spring 2023
|Date||Session Method||Estimated Session Time||SOS Session Registration Opens|
|Friday, November 4, 2022||In Person||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central||Mid to Late September|
|Wednesday, December 14, 2022||Virtual||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central||Mid to Late September|
|Monday, January 9, 2023||In Person||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Central||Mid-November|
We highly recommend attending the November or December sessions instead of waiting until the January session.
Students Starting in Summer/Fall 2023
Orientation sessions for summer/fall students are usually in late spring and summer. Virtual and In person sessions will be available. More information will be updated in January.
SOS Registration Instructions
To Register for SOS:
- Log in to AU Access with your username and password.
- Navigate to the My Academics tab on the left side of the page and select the Student Menu icon at the top of that page.
- Click the SOS Registration link.
- Complete all the fields.
- Check your Auburn email account for a confirmation email.
If you have technical difficulties obtaining or using your password, please email the Information Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number. If you cannot find your username and need a duplicate copy of your acceptance letter, email Enrollment Operations at email@example.com or email your Admissions Advisor.
Make sure you complete the new student modules as soon as possible.
Academic advising and orientation operate independently, and no advising will be available during the orientation sessions. You do not have to complete one prior to the other. In order to register for classes, you must have submitted your enrollment deposit, have completed the new student modules, which includes the transfer plan of study if you are a transfer student, and have an open registration time ticket. You can also find the modules at auburn.instructure.com. The course is called Successfully Orienting Students. Please note, it will take time for your advisor to review your information and you will want to be able to register as your registration time ticket opens.