SOS Registration Information
Follow the steps on auburn.edu/sos
This will help ensure you complete the Transfer Plan of Study and the steps required in order to be able to register for SOS.
To Submit Your Transfer Plan Of Study:
- Set Up Duo
- DUO is a 2-factor authentication process that requires an individual to provide their login credentials AND proof of identity via a secondary device, such as a smartphone, before granting access to an online resource. You will be required to use DUO to access the pages mentioned below. Go to auburn.edu/2factor, log in with your username and password, and then provide your Banner ID (90#######) and date of birth. After you're signed in, just follow the self-registration process (detailed step-by-step instructions).
- Activate your Auburn University User Account: auburn.edu/activate
- You will need your User Name and Student ID number (also known as your Banner ID) to set up your account. Both of these pieces of information are in your acceptance letter.
- If you have technical difficulties setting up your password, please call the Information Technology Help Desk at 334-844-4944. If you cannot find your User Name and ID number and need a duplicate copy of your acceptance letter, please call the Office of Admission Processing at (334) 844-6429.
- Log in to AU Access with your User Name and password.
- On the My Academic tab, click the Student Menu Icon at the top of the page.
- If you do not see the Student Menu Icon, it is probably because your enrollment deposit is still processing. It usually takes a business day for deposit to be connect to your student account and then for your AU Access to shift to a Student View with the My Academic tab.
- Click the Transfer Plan of Study link and fill it out. You will be asked what classes you are currently talking and any classes you plan to take before your first semester at Auburn.
- If you do not see a college or class in the dropdown menu, select ** College Not Found ** or ** Class Not Found ** on the dropdown menu (should be the first option), and then click select. This will allow you to enter the course information.
- Make sure to click submit once finished.
- You will receive a confirmation email in your Auburn University Tigermail account. Prior to submitting your Transfer Plan of Study, you are able to save your progress on the form.
Aim to complete the Pre-Orientation Modules and the Transfer Plan of Study as soon as possible (before October 15 for spring students, and March 15 for summer/fall students). This will allow your advisor time to review your information and clear you to register for classes when you time ticket opens early November for spring students and early April for summer/fall students. Completing the modules and the Transfer Plan of Study after these deadlines may increase the time it takes your advisor to review your coursework and clear you to register. For more information about the Pre-Orientation Modules, please click here.
To Be Eligible To Register For SOS You Must:
- Be accepted to Auburn University as a transfer student for summer or fall, or accepted to Auburn University as a transfer student or freshman for spring semester.
- Pay the enrollment deposit to Enrollment Operations
- Complete the Transfer Plan of Study (instructions below). Freshmen starting in the spring do not need to submit the Transfer Plan of Study.
To Register For SOS:
- When registration is open and you have submitted your enrollment deposit and your Transfer Plan of Study, log into AU Access.
- Click the “SOS Registration link”.
- Complete all of the fields and submit.
- Check your Tigermail account for a confirmation email.
- Watch for a mailed confirmation letter with more details about the session, a parking pass, and a campus map. These will be sent through USPS mail about 1-2 weeks after you have registered.