Residential Learning Communities
The Themed First Year Seminar and Learning Community Application is currently OPEN! This includes the Residential Learning Community Application for students still interested. For more information on applying, see the information below.
Scroll down to view available RLCs.
Although our office has moved to remote operations, we are still available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-844-5721.
For more information on Covid-19, visit aub.ie/coronavirus.
2020-2021 Residential Learning Community Themes
Students have the opportunity to join the following themed Residential Learning Communities:
Benefits of a Residential Learning Community (RLC)
Learning together: RLCs provide students with a residentially-based small group experience that enriches their in-class instruction and provides focused out-of-class activities. RLC members will live together and are co-enrolled in a first year seminar and two or three additional classes. Each RLC accommodates up to 20 students per cohort.
Living together: Not only will students in an RLC be in a themed first year seminar together, but will have the opportunity to live with others in the same themed cohort.
- RLC Cohorts have a maximum of 20 students to provide a small group experience in the context of a large university.
- All students take a first year seminar, which serves as the anchor course for the RLC experience.
- Students are co-enrolled in a first year seminar and two to three additional courses (usually Core Curriculum courses).
- RLC students have supportive classroom and living environments to help ease the transition to college life and college-level academics.
- Students network with peer educators, staff members, and faculty members.
- RLC students commit to participate in the fall and spring semesters of the first year.
Steps to Join an RLC
- Complete the Auburn University Housing Application (opens December 2, 2019)
- Submit University Confirmation Deposit
- Apply to join a Residential Learning Community. Application is currently OPEN for students still interested in joining an RLC.
- Application is available in AU Access > Student Menu > First Year Seminar and Learning Community Application.
- Complete the Camp War Eagle Application (CWE Application is currently delayed due to Covid-19, students can still apply to join an RLC at this time)
Last modified: March 24, 2020