UNIV1050: Success Strategies
Success Strategies is a one-credit hour graded course that helps you fine-tune your academic and personal skills. You will learn about note- taking and study strategies; reading, writing, and presentation skills; memory and test-taking tips; and career opportunities. You will also explore the available (and free!) academic and personal resources available to you on campus.
- Will examine common transitional issues and assess their impact on daily life.
- Will demonstrate critical thinking skills through a variety of assignments involving reading, writing, and speaking.
- Will demonstrate understanding of the learning process and the role it will play throughout the lifespan.
- Will examine issues that influence the learning process such as goal setting, motivation, and personal attitude.
- Will demonstrate awareness of the structure and mission of a research university.
- Will actively explore major and career interests.
- Will investigate selected curriculum and identify opportunities for academic and professional enrichment with the assistance of an academic advisor.
- Will demonstrate knowledge of student services and academic resources.
- Will demonstrate application of academic and study strategies discussed in class.
- Will demonstrate knowledge of academic policies and procedures.
- Will examine cultural differences and diversity among people.
- Will develop personal competencies with regard to living independently.
- Will demonstrate awareness of basic wellness principles and the effects of personal choices on health and safety.